|Tuesday, September 14th, 2010|
I'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Follow me at ShaneShane.net
Love you, LJ, but so long for now!
|Friday, March 19th, 2010|
|SxSW Thursday Report
-nattily dressed black guys
-Nu Rave colors
-You Say Party! We Say Die!
-Salem (holy shit!
-We are Scientists
|Thursday, February 25th, 2010|
There have been times when I've gone home with a gentleman and have secretly thought "This house is so incredibly tacky and amazing that I wish I could share it with other people. If only the straight community knew how tacky and weird gay perverts' homes were.....But if I described it they wouldn't believe me. And if I took pictures I'd have to make up some pretty complicated excuses....Oh, well. I guess it'll have to be my little secret."
Well, my little secret NO MORE!!
I present to you LURID DIGS DOT COM
, a compendium of horrifying amateur gay porn and horrifyinger interior decoration.
You're welcome/I'm sorry.
|Monday, February 22nd, 2010|
1. Dear Project Runway: thank you.
2. Dear Rupaul Drag Race: thank you.
3. Dear 30 Rock: thank you.
4. Dear television in general: thank you.
5. Dear chocolate, cats, hunks, romance novels, baking bars and any other cliches involving depressing singlehood: you're welcome.
6. I've made up my mind. It's time to give drag a try. Does this actually come as a surprise to anyone?
7. Two of some of the best weekends of my life in a row. I'm a lucky devil.
8. Can I please be rich now?
9. Picked up some HOT NEW CDs in St Paul. Actually, three of them were replacements of CDs I've somehow lost over the years (Tulip Sweet, The Breeders, and Cassandra Wilson). And Real McCoy and Soundtrack of Our Lives. And it was all 11 dollars total. Score b'jore.
10. If you're around me in the next few days, I'll be telling you to listen to Liliput. You really really ought to. Holy shit.
12. Can you believe these fuckers
ripped of Lucy's?
13. I'm somewhat scared to go to sleep since it will be the first non-passed-out sleep I'll have had in a few days and 7:00 AM is just going to mother effing HURT when I have to wake up.
14. Does anyone know where I can find a zentai suit with the face exposed?
15. I can tell I'm fried when the idea of washing my body exhausts me.
16. Sweet 16!! Anybody heard the new Royal Trux album? Any good?
|Wednesday, January 27th, 2010|
What do you think Jenny Jones is doing right now?
Alright folks. New obsession: AMANDA LEAR.
I don't even know where to start. Just amazing. Just do yourself a favor and type her name into YouTube and watch your life change forever.
In the throes of January Seasonal Affective Disorder. Not as bad as when I would want to die all the time, but still operating on a short fuse, hard to get out of bed, hard to do anything, hard not to sneer. Except when I'm watching Amanda Lear videos. I mean, for real.
FOR REAL. She's like Kate Bush minus the talent and plus really cheesy "sex appeal."
My phone was unplugged for two days. Talk about stress!
|Sunday, January 24th, 2010|
|A few thoughts:
1. Mermaid dresses are nasty. Serrrsly.
2. It's hard to learn rap songs when you can't read the lyrics. And then you start being like "Is that what they said? Just what in the heck are they talking about?" And then you wonder if you have any business learning said song. Even if it's for drag lip syncing.
3. I am so glad I've just rediscovered the Knife thanks to my iTunes Genius function. I think "Pass This On" might be the greatest song ever written maybe.
4. Getting a surprise day off of work is one of the greatest little gifts the universe can give you. Instead of working I'm going to eat pancakes at Grace's grandma's house then buy gold clothing for our gold-themed birthday party next Saturday (are you coming??)
5. Gotta say. Iman looks really good ( nakedCollapse )
|Sunday, January 17th, 2010|
Why haven't I updated my Livejournal in like a million years? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Why am I starting again now? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
Hi, world! I just got back from Minneapolis. I think Gay Beast is like the best band on earth and I know that "Gimme Back My Man" is the best B-52's song. When the two collided I just about dieded. RHYME.
Seeing Christy and Charles was as wonderful as it always is. Yep. Bedtime.
|Sunday, December 6th, 2009|
|A band called Lake
Holy shit I can't get enough of this song.
Nicole and I got to play with these wonderfuls in Denver and then today I stumbled upon the CD at Mad City Music. I HIGHLY recommend it!!
|Saturday, November 28th, 2009|
an excerpt from dinner tonight::::
UNCLE KEVIN: Yeah, they have video poker in some bathroom stalls in Vegas!
AUNT MARY: Really? Oh, god, I don't think I'd want to touch that.
ME: Yeah, but at the end of your hand you always get a royal flush
.[laughter from my family]
GRANDMA: Yeah, but do you think you win the pot
?[heartier laughter from my family]
AUNT JEN: God, why would you want to stay in a public bathroom long enough to play video poker?
UNCLE DAN: I guess if you're on a roll, you'll stay as long as you can.
UNCLE KEVIN: No, the worst part is when you're playing and you can't find
a roll![more laughter]
I find it comforting that my addiction to puns is clearly genetic.
|Thursday, November 26th, 2009|
mmmmmkay, I finally got access to an internet connection that let me watch the Project Runway finale.( spoilers.....Collapse )
|Sunday, November 15th, 2009|
|Wednesday, November 11th, 2009|
EDIT: and you may notice where my LJ icon came from.
|Monday, November 9th, 2009|
If anybody still read MySpace profiles, I'd change my "Who I want to Meet" into "Anyone who was an extra in this video":
|Saturday, November 7th, 2009|
1. I'm glad the health care bill passed.
2. I can't get enough of new soul (a la D'Angelo, Lauryn Hill, Jill Scott, etc)
|Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009|
|Monday, November 2nd, 2009|
|Sunday, November 1st, 2009|
Happy Halloween. Obviously.
Isn't my sister the prettiest person on earth?